Divorce Modification Lawyer Woburn MA

Dealing With Changed Circumstances After Your Divorce

divorce modificationSeparation agreements, divorce decrees, and other family law orders are a reflection of the time and circumstances in which they were created. The judge makes decisions or approves agreements for issues such as child custody, child support, parenting plans, and alimony based on the needs and abilities of the parties at the time of the separation, divorce, or paternity action. If circumstances change you are not stuck with a broken custody, visitation, or support plan. You can take steps to get a  divorce modification, which will modify your old plan to better fit your current life. For over 20 years, Woburn custody and support modification attorney Pauline Scalley has been protecting the rights of Massachusetts families. She can help you modify your plan and protect your rights.

Get a Child Custody Modification, Child support Modification, or Alimony Modification That Fits Your Current Circumstances

If you have have a new job, have remarried, or been involved in a life-changing event, you may no longer be able to live up to the obligations of an existing custody, visitation and support plan. If your co-parent has developed a drug or alcohol problem, you may want to provide your children with a more stable living environment. If you and your co-parent did not spell out the details of major expenses, such as education and healthcare, during your divorce, you may have to go back to court to work it out. As your children have aged, they may have decided that they want a change. There are many reasons to get a child custody modification, child support modification, or even an alimony modification. If you and your co-parent agree, you can file a complaint for modification. As your lawyer, Attorney Scalley will draft the modification and aid you in understanding what must be done to modify the judgment. The process does not have to take a long period of time, but there are many steps in modifying the judgement.

There are many people who want to oppose a modification petition as well. Whether you want to modify your current plan or you want to keep it the way it is, Attorney Scalley can help you understand your rights and options as well as providing you a better idea of how the court will view your case so you can work out a fair deal. She can also help you file a complaint for contempt if you want to make sure your current plan is enforced.

Contact Woburn Family Law Attorney Pauline Scalley

Make sure your post-divorce plans fit the needs of your family. Attorney Scalley can help you understand whether or not you are eligible for a modification and guide you through the process. Contact Attorney Scalley today to schedule an appointment.