Contempt Order Attorney Woburn MA

Making Sure Your Ex-Spouse Lives Up to His or Her Court Ordered Obligations

woburn contempt order attorneyIf your former wife or husband is not making timely support payments or is not giving you time with your kids as outlined in your court-ordered custody or support agreement, you can file a complaint for contempt. Woburn custody and support enforcement attorney Pauline Scalley has been protecting the rights of parents across eastern Massachusetts for over 20 years. She understands what you are going through and knows what to do to protect your rights.

Enforce Your Current Plan and Protect Your Rights

If your former spouse or co-parent is not living up to his or her court ordered responsibilities, the first thing you must do is file a complaint for contempt and get a date for a court hearing. It is the other party’s job to demonstrate that he or she is not in contempt. As your lawyer, Attorney Scalley will ensure you take all of the appropriate steps to file your complaint and gather the evidence you need at the court hearing.

If the court made any orders as part of your divorce settlement, all parties are obligated to follow them. You can file a contempt complaint for a number of things, including:

  • Child support collection
  • Parenting time
  • Alimony
  • Selling property as part of property division

Generally, you will want an attorney to guide you through this process.

Contact Woburn Court Order Enforcement Attorney Pauline Scalley

Whether you want to enforce your current plan or your former spouse has filed a contempt complaint against you, Attorney Scalley can protect your rights in court and help you do what is best for your family. Contact Attorney Scalley today to schedule an appointment.